|Occupied by||Major Hicks (currently) and the Tachyons (formerly)|
|First appearance||Godzilla: The Series (1998-2000)|
|Latest appearance||Godzilla: The Series (1998-2000)|
|Created by||(unknown) 1997-2000|
Godzilla: The Series (1998-2000)Edit
Monster Wars - Part 1 (February 13,1998), Monster Wars - Part 2 (February 20,1998), Monster Wars - Part 3 (February 27,1998), S.C.A.L.E. (October 2,1999)Edit
During the Monster Wars Trilogy trilogy an island known as Isle del Diablo was taken over by the Tachyons in their plot to take over the world. They used the island as a starting point to gather the earth's monsters- the Crustaceous Rex, Cryptocleidus, El Gusano Gigante, Giant Bat, Huge Rat, King Cobra, and the Queen Bee - and send them to 6 of the world's most powerful nations in order to weaken earth's defences and colonize earth. They were ultimately defeated when they lost control of the monsters, which resulted in the possible deaths of many of the monsters.
After the invasion Major Hicks designated the island as a containment facility for the earth's monsters. The Crustaceous Rex, the Giant Bat, and the King Cobra were rounded up and imprisoned on the island. The island utilized massive force fields to keep the Crustaceous Rex and the King Cobra from fighting. The Giant Bat was allowed to roam freely, but was prevented from using its sonic shrieks by a special collar and kept from leaving the island by lasers.
Later the terrorist organization known as S.C.A.L.E. was able to find and sneak into the facility by smuggling a tracking device onto the H.E.A.T. Seeker when it went to the island to study a new captive known as Skeetera, a giant mutant mosquito that can absorb any monster's powers by drinking their blood. They quickly took over the island, taking both H.E.A.T, Major Hicks, and the military personnel captive and releasing the captive monsters, but thanks to Godzilla Junior and H.E.A.T., order was quickly restored to the island. S.C.A.L.E. was defeated and arrested and the monsters were returned to their holding areas.
In later episodes, numerous other monsters were also captured by the military: the Giant Mutant Hummingbirds, the Giant Mutant Widow Spider and its offspring, the Shrewster, numerous monsters from the Mutant Mania circus (the Giant Gila Monster, a Horned Toad-like Creature, Medusa, a Rodent-like monster, and Scorpio, a giant scorpion), and numerous monsters from the Spiel Coliseum (the Giant Centipede, the Giant Water Beetle, and the Rhinosaurus). They were more than likely taken to and imprisoned on Monster Island.
Monsters imprisoned on Monster IslandEdit
- Crustaceous Rex
- El Gusano Gigante
- Giant Bat
- Giant Centipede
- Giant Gila Monster
- Giant Mutant Hummingbirds
- Giant Mutant Widow Spider
- Giant Water Beetle
- Horned Toad-like Creature
- Huge Rat
- King Cobra
- Giant Mutant Widow Spiders
- Queen Bee
- Rodent-like monster
- Monster Island appeared in the unmade film Godzilla 2 where Godzilla and kin act and rule as the top predators.
- In the episode Wedding Bells Blew (1999), after they had momentarily caused it to go into hibernation, H.E.A.T. and Major Hicks were planning on transporting the Sub-Zero Manta Ray to Monster Island. Their plans, unfortunately, were crushed when the temperature rose, awakening the Sub-Zero Manta, who then flew off to fight Godzilla Junior and was sucked down into a whirlpool created by him, never to be seen again.
- Monster Island has many similarities with Monsterland from the 1968 Toho film Destroy All Monsters:
- Both are used as a containment facility for the earth's monsters
- Both have mechanisms, like force fields, to prevent the monsters from leaving the island
- Both are controlled by the military
- Both had a race of aliens use them as a base of operations and a starting point for their invasions
- It is possible that the Giant Sea Anemone and the Giant Mutant Vampire Bat are also imprisoned on Monster Island because they have both only been mentioned, but never seen, in the series, indicating that they are either dead or imprisoned somewhere and two related monsters, Medusa (another giant sea anemone) and the Giant Bat (another giant bat), are imprisoned on the island.